Ciabatta with tuna and roasted tomato
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. This is not necessarily true, but it is a good way to introduce this dish. And the great thing is, this dish can also be served as lunch and even dinner. This week, ciabatta with tuna and puffed tomatoes is on the menu. This dish is luxurious and simple at the same time. So it's perfect to surprise your housemates with.
- Romana tomatoes - 1 kilo
- Canned tuna in olive oil - 250 grams
- Ciabatta - 2 pieces
- Greek yogurt - 100 milliliters
- Tahini - 2 tablespoons
- Rocket - handful
- Lemon juice - 1 bottle
- Garlic - 2 cloves
- Olive oil - 2 tablespoons
- To begin, preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Next, cut the large tomatoes into smaller pieces and the smaller cherry tomatoes simply in half.
- Spread the sliced tomatoes out in a baking dish and drizzle with the olive oil.
- Spoon gently until they are evenly coated, season well and put them in the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour until they are soft and beginning to split.
- When the time is up, remove them from the oven and let them cool slightly.
- While the tomatoes are in the oven, you can make the tahini yogurt in the meantime
- For the tahini yogurt, mix the yogurt, tahini and a squeeze of lemon juice in a bowl. Taste it and adjust the flavor to your liking.
- Carefully add the tuna to the yogurt and mix until everything is evenly distributed. You may then season this again with necessary salt and pepper.
- Halve the ciabatta and spread the tuna mixture over the surface.
- Place the warm roasted tomatoes also on the sandwich and save the rest to serve next to the sandwich.
- To finish it off, top with fresh basil leaves and arugula, and finish with a good amount of pepper.
- Close the sandwich with the remaining side of the ciabatta and cut it in three.
- Eat it quickly because that's when it tastes best!